Oracle VM VirtualBox - Start-up Error


I have installed Oracle VM Virtualbox on Windows 7 machine and installation was completed successfully.

During start-up of Virtualbox i went through an error message "Callee RC: E_NOINTERFACE (0x80004002)".


 

Resolution: I went through different solutions and finally checked the properties of Virtual-box Application from Start Menu>Program files.



Under compatibility it is by default selected as Windows XP, I have changed compatibitlity mode to Windows Vista and done.

Now i am able to open Virtual box on my computer without any issues. :-)

8 comments:

  1. This was the only solution which worked for me ! Thanks for posting this. For me none of the compatibility mode was selected. I enabled the compatibility mode to be with Windows Vista.
    Not sure why version 4.3 is not working with Windows 7 though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks a lot!! i have spend a weeks to find this solution... i can't believe it's so that simple

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done man. Thanks for sharing this info

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any other solutions? Same problem, but this fix doesn't do it, (Nor does selecting other compatibility modes and running as admin).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reply to myself because I fixed it using a different method from any I'd seen after searing through several sites and trying the various suggestions. (and a couple of YouTube videos). Ideas I found and tried without success were restoring a previous copy of the VirtualBox.xml file, changing the compatibility mode settings and looking for bad registry entries with respect to oleaut32.dll. None of them worked. So given the notion that the problem might lie with oleaut32.dll rather than it's registry key values I looked at the versions in my various windows locations and by right clicking on oleaut32.dll in the windows\sysWOW64 folder in my machine (Windows 7 64) and selecting "restore previous version" I chose an earlier version. After reboot, everything all peaches and sunshine. Posting it in case anyone else has also hit the same brick wall.

      Delete
  5. Right click > Run as administrator

    This method worked for me.

    ReplyDelete